1. Intelligent players, especially those who graduate from prestigious universities, have no place in the NFL or Miami Dolphins locker room.
2. The entire Miami Dolphins franchise has not one atom of PR acumen.
3. NFL culture is even worse than most people believed.
4. Instant news may generate fast information about events, but not good information.
5. An alarming proportion of the public is not bright enough to distinguish between benign initiation rites (as silly as they may be) and malignant, even criminal, harassment.
6. We should all be watching English Premier League soccer instead.
7. Such a frivolous double-standard for using the “N-word” makes it far less serious for everyone to use.
8. Though there are a lot of competent ESPN commentators, many don’t have the judgement or intellect for their prominent positions.
9. Life-threatening concussions, frequent and serious “routine” injuries, the loathsome NFL culture and our changing nation mean pro football’s decline has begun.